Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Here it is! My Family Activity Advent Calendar....

This is the best I could do!...a fairy condo of match boxes that I hot glued together and prettied up! I REALLY wanted to copy the "bucket" ideas (below) but since tomorrow is December 1st and I couldn't find any buckets, I realized I had to come up with something else! I also loved the socks and mittens (below) but it looked like they required some type of sewing?? So I went with this.....no bigger than the size of my peppermint mocha!!
Each matchbox holds a piece of paper with a"Family Activity" to be enjoyed each day. Some of the family activities include; family movie night, volunteering at the Humane Society, shopping for our Angel Tree boy, board game night, making Christmas cookies, making a holiday fairy garden, Subway lunch at school with mom, making wrapping paper and wrapping grandparent gifts, filling a bag with food from the pantry and dropping off to a local shelter, stringing popcorn and making pinecone feeders for our animal friends, making snowflakes and paper chains, Elfing ourselves and emailing to grandparents, reading all of our Christmas storybooks, having a dinner picnic by the evergreen forest (or by the Christmas tree), going on a Starbucks run for hot chocolate and looking at lights.

Tomorrow is Day ONE! I think we "Write a letter to Santa" tomorrow.....I already forgot! ....
...and look who popped out of the tree to say good night...and Happy December!!!


16 comments:

  1. I love your advent calender! I really should make on but finding the time?! I have a cat demanding my attention, see ya!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute the calendar, and how clever to have family activities in them...and the cat peeking through..it's perfect, looks like a Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~sometimes simple is the best way to go...the message your are sending to your littles is far greater than a beautiful calender made for looks...such a wonderful idea for an advent calendar...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! What a wonderful idea to include things to do as a family - clever girl! And I love Kitty poking his head through the tree x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! What a crafty idea. Well and kitty poking his head out of the tree ~ what can be cuter then that?? :)
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE this! Maybe we can make one too and just start late! (Plus we are all out of matches!!! LOL) Terrific idea and one that takes up little space.


    Love the cat peeking. Our tree isn't up yet and it will be the first year with TWO kittens!

    happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can not believe that you finished that project so soon, and the last time we heard from you, you were not even sure what you were going to do! You are a spitfire. You came up with a great advent calendar.
    We used to have a cat that did the same thing. You would hear the sound of branches and ornaments moving - see the vibrations, and then his head would appear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this idea. Very nice. It means that all are involved and that's what makes memories.....good for ya'll. The Olde Bagg, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Advent Calendar is lovely!!! You did a fabulous job with it. And how cute is your kitty playing peek-a-boo in your tree! Too adorable! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea!! I am finishing up mine....hopefully it will be up tomorrow....we decided what our first day would be even though it wasn't quite done....today was to Smile at a Stranger. Hopefully it be up on my blog tomorrow night. I'm having some trouble with blogger.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's wonderful.
    Let the fun begin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Idea for an Advent Calendar.
    We are doing our blog Advent Calendar for a
    3rd Year.

    PS Great picture of the cat in the tree

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea! We made a huge list of activity ideas and are going through it as the mood arises. We're a bit too "fly by the seat of our pants" around here to stick to a specific schedule. (which, as a list person, I had to get used to with my hubby and girls!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I linked to your super cute advent calendar here
    http://simple-whimsy.blogspot.com/2010/12/advent-countdown-to-christmas.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments